Spring Selling Season is upon us!
If you are looking to spruce up your home in order to sell, take a look at some of the tips below!
We also offer free Home Valuations for your convenience!
Below is a list of suggestions to facilitate the sale of your home. Some of these suggestions may apply to your property, others may not. Please disregard those that do not apply.
- Conduct a pre-sale walk-through with your REALTOR®. Your REALTOR® can provide advice and suggestions about when to list your home and how much to ask for after conducting a walk-through with you.
- Keep the home. clean A clean home with little clutter can show better. Put personal belongings in storage and install shelf and closet organizers to help minimize clutter.
- Freshen décor. New floor coverings and fresh coats of paint can help to update rooms and improve how they show.
- Refinish wood floors. Refinish wood floors so that potential buyers can see the quality of the flooring.
- Complete needed maintenance. Consider staining the deck, cleaning your gutters and making improvements that show your home is well cared for.
- Enhance curb appeal. Make your home more inviting to potential buyers by tidying up your landscape and planting fresh flowers.
- Re-imagine your entryway. Paint your front door, install new door hardware and purchase a new welcome mat to enhance your entryway.
- Detach from your home décor. Disengage yourself from your personal feelings about your home so you can see it the way buyers will. Be objective and accept criticism about potential issues.
- Gauge your own first impression Walk across the street and take in the view of your home. Is it clean and tidy? What are your home’s best exterior features and how can you enhance them? What are your home’s worst exterior features and how can you minimize them?
- Take photos of your home Take photos of your home in color and greyscale during the day and at dusk. View all the photos and see what stands out that you can attend to.
- Reevaluate your lighting Consider stringing lighting alongside your driveway, sidewalks and around landscaping elements. Add decorative and attractive light fixtures to your front porch.
- Freshen up your backyard Don’t forget to enhance your backyard, especially if it is visible from another street. Look for ways to improve its appearance.
- Remove mold & mildew Get rid of mold and mildew on your home’s exterior, sidewalks, roof and driveway. Pressure wash siding, decks and driveways. Clean windows and gutters and consider painting your home or replacing your front door’s hardware.
- Tidy up your yard Keep sidewalks and driveways clean and stow gardening tools. Mow and edge your lawn regularly. Pull weeds, rake leave and trim trees.
- Freshen up your front door Consider repainting or staining your front door. Replace or polish your doorknob hardware.
Small improvements that sell
- Paint! Paint is one of the most cost-effective and profitable improvements you can make. Paint the inside and outside of your home neutral colors.
- A clean garage. Clean out your garage and paint the exterior white. If your garage is unfinished, install wall board or build storage shelves on the back wall.
- New lighting or flooring. Replace outdated or inefficient light fixtures to update old décor.
- Install new flooring or refurbish hardwood floors if needed.
- Landscaping. Attractive landscaping can increase the value of a property. Mow the lawn, trim shrubs and plant flower beds or trees.
- Sweep the patio or deck and decorate with potted plants and flowers.
- Make needed repairs. Before listing, attend to minor repairs and needed maintenance.
Give us a call for more details! 321-784-9602